Your business’s data is its lifeblood. Customer histories, digital assets, and other types of files, if lost, can cripple your enterprise. Simply backing up is not enough. To ensure that your business stays safe and secure, you need to invest in quality, reliable backup services.
When businesses fail to get the right backup service for their needs, they risk any and all of the following:
- Insecure storage. If your company is trying to DIY their backups, there is a chance that you are using technology that is not reliable. Some companies store their backups in the same building or even on the same hardware as the original. Others use options like tape drives, which are prone to a range of different kinds of failures. If data is lost because of a fire, flood or other event that affects your physical location, your onsite backup can be lost, too. This is why cloud backup services preserved offsite are needed to keep your business safe.
- Not testing backups. It’s not enough to have the backup. If a business suffers a data loss, they need to be able to successfully recover what was lost. Backups should be regularly tested to ensure that files can be opened and that the information in them is usable and complete.
- Not backing up often enough. More than 2.5 quintillion bytes of data is created each day. If your backups are not performed regularly, you can lose days’ or even weeks of information. This can mean having to reproduce hours of work or losing valuable information completely. Backups should be performed automatically and regularly in order to ensure that the latest information is preserved and available if a data loss occurs.
- Failing to protect sensitive data. Many businesses handle sensitive information that ranges from intellectual property to personally identifying details. If the backup where this information is stored is not properly secured, that can result in a massive exposure of private information. This can lead to a loss of trust in your business. In some cases, it can even result in significant financial penalties for a lack of compliance to data safety rules. We store our customers’ data in encrypted files in order to keep sensitive records secure. Protecting your data also means keeping it safe from prying eyes.
- Not curating backups. We get it. It can be cost prohibitive to back up every piece of data on a regular basis. This is why we work with you to identify your priorities to ensure that what is most important, is most protected.
At Compel Consulting, we believe in offering the solutions that will help your business run smoothly, no matter what happens. We make sure that you have the tools in place to prevent a problem before it occurs. We work within your budget to ensure that you accomplish your most important goals at a price that fits.
Ready to get started? Get in touch with Compel Consulting today for a free technology assessment for your business: 1-888-879-7417.